From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

I'm still looking at this blog thing that I opened up back in February wondering what, if anything I might want to do with it. Mainly I just like to sign up for stuff that ends up sitting dormant time after time. I have a web page ...two or three generic ones, in fact that I cannot for some reason figure out how to get the pictures from point A to point B. Since it's suppose to be for my drawings, paintings and other graphics I do, sort of pointless to persue it until I get that figured out. I know what I am not doing right, but I do not yet know exactly what to do enough to verbalize my problem LOL. I guess I could grunt it out and perhaps someone would eventually feel pity and help...HELP...HELP. Im ok now...anyway, back to this blog...

Why do you blog? I've asked many that question and received many different answers. Somewhat being shy, I backed away from doing more with it I suppose, because I sort of wondered if it was a vanity thing. I just wondered since we are suppose to be humble as Children of God-coupled with the fact I didnt want to call attention to myself-if it was right-if I should. I also wondered if it was just a journalling tool, and if so, well then I really want the rest of the world to know all my muddy thoughts? Did I want them to really know how messed up I can be when no one is looking? Did I want to unveil what goes on in my head to those passing by....rather than keeping it safely tucked away in a journal by my bed? And so I wrestle with the thought, of why blog? I wrestled with the thoughts of comments or no...and if folks did leave them...what if they told me I was full of junk....would that bother me? Would I get defensive, would I make yet another puddle? My generation didnt grow up with computers in every home, the internet or many of the other things we take for granted now. This is all still so new, so foreign at times.

I know...I know, live-So here I am, typing a blog about my blog ...wondering if I should blog. I wanted to add a cute graphic..and have just the one in mind....but problem is that I have yet to find it on my many CDs thus far in order to use it on here. After that I wonder if I will be able to get my picture from point A to point B.

Anyway, not sure how much I may visit here, visit with you here....or what I may use this for. Perhaps it will be a smudgemark on the internet of my-messy-at-times life. Perhaps it will be a skidmark across the floor made when shoes trample all over the place after being in the mud. Perhaps it will just be a quiet place for quiet thoughts... or perhaps I will come and as my daughter once said...I will come and make a lot of noise. Perhaps...

Perhaps it will be a place for sharing my thoughts on God, on how I believe for anyone passing through that cares. The life I live in Christ is so cemented together with who I am, I know that things shared will cross into that . There is no getting around it. Perhaps it will be a place to come as I sort through life through my words and my artwork. Perhaps it will be a place to sort through thoughts as I climb the valleys and the hills of life. Perhaps it will just be a photograph of my life in words. Either way, hang on, grab a towel....this is my journey into blogging.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home