From The Mud Puddle

Monday, October 24, 2005

Friday, we started hearing a squeak in the car. Something new...yet something we thought we had heard before. So today, the car is at the shop. We think it is breaks, but he is checking out some of the belts to make sure all is well in case we go out of town next week when my husband has the week off.
So on the way to the shop, we pass by this house where the man was getting rid of some old things from his house. I didn't have time to stop then, but on the way back home in the van, I got my husband to stop so I could look at this drop leaf table that was there. I don't really know how good of condition it "really" is in, but it looks pretty good and solid. It needs to be cleaned in the very least...and have a leg or two repaired (though not having those legs do not compromise it's integrity). It probably would be neat to refinish, but I don't know a lot about that sort of thing. I have no idea what I'll do with it if I do fix it up...but it was just neat looking and might make a nice project here sometime. We'll see.
He also had a dryer like ours (though his was a gas dryer). Ours has a squeaky belt that needs to be replaced...but so far we are just enduring the awful sound until the day my husband has time to look at it. The thought did cross my mind that it might would be nice to have the dryer for "parts"...but that seemed like more fun than we wanted to have at the moment...plus where would we put this extra dryer until we have time to tear it apart?
(oh that's right..I live in the south...I could have just put it on my front porch without it looking odd ;)

2 comment(s):

It's cool when you find stuff like that table when you least expect it. Since the need for it isn't pressing, you have a little room to play with the refinishing; pretty much get your feet wet on a small project.

The dryer belt would be identical, but like you said, where are you gonna put the rest of the dryer? My dad used to do that with cars all the time; now our backyard looks like the punchline of a Jeff Foxworthy joke. LOL

By Blogger Livemalls, at 3:07 PM, October 24, 2005  

Seems that the table has one leaf that works well. The other leaf doesnt hold since what was broken off are the two legs that were laying beside it that were meant to hold up that other leaf(that yes, we do have). So it stands, it's just an issue of fixing it and then deciding what to do with it.

By Blogger Muddy, at 2:01 PM, October 25, 2005  

Post a comment

<< Home