From The Mud Puddle

Thursday, November 13, 2008

As if I needed another place online to visit, I learned about another virtual world connected to stuffed animals like the Webkinz I have talked about in the past....
Apparently in the past year, Build A Bear created their own site. (which is fun in it's own way)You can join for free and do many of the activities without having to buy anything, but you do not fully unlock the site (full access) until you register a pet you have bought.
So..
During the week my husband had off (last week), I took a trip to Build a Bear. I told them it was my birthday (it was a few days afterwards-but close enough since we celebrate birthday weeks and months here in our house)...and picked out my "Curly Bear". I stuffed her with the assistance of the saleslady and jumpstarted the little heart they had me place inside. (is the visual image of this cracking you up yet?)...I named her Betsy....because she was bought on election night and I was trying to think of a good patriotic name and Betsy Ross kind of seemed like a good reference... (yeah rambling here)
I bought her a nice outfit that had sparkles on it, so every time I hug her I end up sparkly-which really isnt a bad way to go through life if you ask me (which you didnt-that suggestion was a freebee there) She was placed in a box with airholes to get her home nice and safe...
So, as I watched the election returns, I entered her codes and played in Bearville a while . Once you have a pet, it becomes virtual and rides around in a back pack on your character's back. (at least until you go into your condo-then the bear runs free and is kind of wild and free!)
Oh and right now, if you buy a box of Teddy Grahams, you can get a $5 off coupon to use on any purchase $10 or more at Build A Bear. I guess after buying the cookies, I'll save $2 upon my return in actuality...but still....fun stuff...
And this is what is in my house this week.

For more TIMHT visit MSM's Blog . It's a lot of fun...uh huh!

3 comment(s):

What a super cute bear!

I don't know if it is possible to outgrow Build-A-Bear.... and all the outfits, the accessories...

and you picked a great name!

By Blogger MSM, at 1:52 AM, November 13, 2008  

I like the name, I think it fits the bear well. :)

I have eight Build-a-Bear but I have never been on their website.

By Blogger Mary, at 9:59 AM, November 13, 2008  

How pretty! I'm sure you had a great time. I think she's very cuddly.

By Blogger Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet, at 1:35 PM, November 13, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home