From The Mud Puddle

Saturday, February 05, 2005

HATS!
Made some new fleece hats for my kids and husband this week. I had made some about six or seven years ago. The following year I made about 20 or so for friends kids, nieces and nephews. It was lots of fun. I kept intending to go back to this pattern again and make some more, but just never did until recently. The hat above is one I drew that shows what they are like, and is in the colors of the one I did for my daughter and myself. My husband got a black and blue checked one, my son desired a plain black/grey one.
I also picked up crocheting again, in order to teach my daughter. Now I am not that good in the least. My grandmother and mother taught me basics, but I always got mad when they would rip out my hard work making me do it again unto perfection...sighz. I crocheted a bit several years ago when the kids were smaller...but only got as far as a hat that was too big for Hannah (that my mom wanted very much-perhaps because I finally finished a crochet something -despite its imperfections I DIDN'T pull out ), and a hat that was just right for her baby doll. Not sure what happened after that, but I am sure it had something to do with the busy life of having two preschoolers, and all that entails. My creative outlets happened in bursts at that time, then slowly fanned out as time got short, or distractions abounded. As long as I can remember though, I have always been dabbling in something. It sort of reminded me somewhat of the Amy Grant Song found on the CD Heart in Motion-
HATS!
The sun comes up-breakfast show
Can't you see me running, It's crazy don't you know?
The moon is high, I'm working through the night
Will somebody tell me where all the hours go?
Well it doesn't stop no its never going to stop
Why do I have to wear so many things on my head?
HATS!
One day I'm a mother, One day I'm a lover, What am I supposed to do?
HATS!
Working for a livin' all because I'm driven to be the very best for you.
The water is hot. The phone don't stop
So how do I manage to hold on to my sanity?
The red dress on, time for having fun.
But can I really be this girl you thinkn you see in me?
The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak
Why do I have to wear so many things on my head?
HATS!
One day I'm a mother, one day I'm a lover. What am I suppose to do?
HATS!
Working for a livin' all because I'm driven to be the very best for you
HATS!
One day I'm a mother, one day I'm a lover. What am I suppose to do?
HATS!
Working for a living. All because I'm driven to be the very best for you
This may be a dream come true. This may be poetry in motion.
This may be a dream come true, but when it all come down
It's an awful lot to do!
.....
Found myself singing it in my head as I sewed...revisiting a fun song from many years ago!
HATS!
Posted by Hello

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home