From The Mud Puddle

Sunday, December 25, 2005


I'm sort of late with my greatings here. It's been a blur of a week between our Anniversary, last minute Christmas preparations and my husband being home on vacation. He is at Wal-Mart right now working just tonight as they go in Christmas night and clean up and restock what they can as they get ready for the big after Christmas returns and shopping that always occurs. He is off until Thursday afternoon after this from his main job. We have completely enjoyed the time with the kids. We went tonight to my mother's to visit for a little while. My family as a whole didn't get together, so we just made these plans on our own. Not sure what happened there-but it was sort of nice having this low key event with just mom. We were supposed to go to Jay's family's get together on Friday, but his mom ended up with the flu. It is supposed to be rescheduled sometime after all is well again. We broke with our tradition of "Christmas morning" opening of gifts with the kids this year so that they could enjoy opening gifts without the rush of Sunday morning time (of going to church). That was nice as well. They totally enjoyed everything, from the ham we cooked, to the time spent with us, to the gifts we had picked out for them. Currently they are playing with their Nintendogs ...totally absorbed with these cute little game dogs. (I hear barking in the background) Even I've had a few turns and I must admit, it is quite the fun game. It has some wireless technology, and they not only can play with their own puppies, but each others if they are in "bark mode". They also got a boost in their clothes. Jay and I exchanged a few small gifts. We ended the night with the reading of the Christmas story (as opposed to reading where we currently are-in Zachariah) . It was after midnight, and was a good way to end such a festive evening of love among us.
I've been also working on beaded necklaces, bracelets and alphabets for gifts this week. Each takes a bit of time to design and construct. (especially the beaded alphabets..pearl beads on wire).
I did some sewing as well this week. I also had a temp job at a model home. I enjoy these as they usually give me some time to catch up on reading, sewing (hand) or some other small task as am able to sit and be busy as I pass the time there.
I still haven't had much computer time yet since finishing with phone books. (that indeed is a story perhaps for another day ) My mind has been cluttered with a lot of different thoughts between what I needed to do for the Christmas celebrations as well as left over thoughts concerning how badly phone books went and ended this year. I am thankful for God sending His Son and for Salvation that I have through Jesus. Our pastor this morning spoke on Isaiah 9:6 where it says:
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Our pastor mentioned that it saying "a child is born" denotes Jesus' humanity, while the phrase 'a son is given' is a reference to Jesus' deity. I love verses like this that just cause me to stop, read, ponder and to praise God for His son Jesus and all that it means to belong to Him. I love verses that so simply show who Jesus is.
So with all the busyness of the season, I am thankful for what the season truly means. As the world tries to snuff out Christianity in various ways and means, I proclaim who I am in Christ , because of Christ and because one night , many many years ago-God came as a man, later wrapped in swaddling clothes -a gift for all who will receive His forgiveness for their sins. Christmas is all about Him....the rest of what we do with the season is just a side note.
Merry Christmas to all that might stumble along my blog -May it be filled with God's Son, and His love.

2 comment(s):

My Christmas was half-merry, it's getting better now especially after the big family party we had. Good to hear all is well in your neck of the woods.

By Blogger Livemalls, at 1:47 AM, December 28, 2005  

We still -here on Jan 8th, have two more friends to see before we are done. Family things didnt really materialize this year (for the first year ever), which was sort of a nice respite of the pressure and stress found at family gatherings usually. (though we did see my mother and his parents through the holidays..just minus the parties thankfully)

By Blogger Muddy, at 10:19 PM, January 08, 2006  

Post a comment

<< Home