From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Eye Glass shopping is one of the hardest things to do (to me). It is hard for me to choose one frame from the hundreds of choices. I always try to choose something stylish, yet timeless given how quickly frame styles come and go through the years. I have had this pair of glasses I wear now for six or seven years. I noticed in my old drivers license that I was wearing a different pair, so I know that I got these sometime after that. They have lasted way longer than they should have.

So today, day two of actually looking and trying on eye glasses, I found myself wishing my mom could be there with me to give me suggestions. She and I do not always see eye to eye (haha) on things, but I respect her opinion on style and what looks good on me. By respect, I may not choose what she suggests, but I do take it into consideration. Other things I take into consideration are cost, comfort and of course my own opinion (and that of my family).

I was trying to look up these two frames I had liked at Lenscrafters and found this . I noticed that they had a virtual try on glasses thing. I got my son, Christopher to take a picture of me that I then uploaded to the site in order to "try on" various frames. This was very cool as I was able to look through many different frames in a short amount of time, many of which I had tried on at the store. I started seeing a pattern of what I did like on me and what I did not. I was unable to get the pair of everyday wear frames from Lenscrafters that I liked to actually load in the virtual try on thingy but was able to find others that I maybe would have overlooked. Two of the frames in the picture I have actually tried on. The other two I have not. I sent the picture to my mom for her opinion. We'll see what happens as I try to find the "perfect frame", at least for my everyday wear. Given insurance restraints, the reading ones will have to wait until January, when the calendar year flips over again. Thankfully that won't be that long.

2 comment(s):

Wow, all this time and I never knew what you actually looked like :-)

I like them all. I realize I'm not being much help. LOL

By Blogger Livemalls, at 8:57 PM, November 07, 2006  

Yeah, and notice you cannot see my WHOLE face ;)

I actually didnt buy any of those styles. I've yet to talk about what I really ended up with...that was soooo much better IMO

By Blogger Muddy, at 12:06 PM, November 08, 2006  

Post a comment

<< Home