From The Mud Puddle

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Thanksgiving, Decked Halls and all that is in between.

Thanksgiving essentially is over, my husband has gone to Wal-Mart for his third shift weekend job and all is quiet about my house at this hour. You may recall this post where I talked about our plans for Thanksgiving. I am happy to report that all went fine. We didn't stay long, but it was very interesting in many ways. Let me just say, people can change by the power of Jesus Christ and that those that we often wonder about at times can be turned around completely when the Holy Spirit is allowed to work freely in their lives.

On another note, I was quiet surprised that my mother in law didn't pin us down trying to make plans for Christmas. Doesn't she know it is only a month away? LOL Time is ticking :::grinz::: Actually I was very glad she didn't as we really have no idea what our weeks will look like. My husband, Jay, doesn't quiet know what days he'll have off and I have no idea where we'll be with phone books at that time. (if anywhere at all) Anyway...just glad for the time with Jay and the kids this long weekend; time to play more scrabble, time for turkey, time to work on decorating for the holidays and most of all, taking time to praise God for who He is and all He has done.
















Speaking of Scrabble, it has become a fun pastime/obsession of late. Ever since that week my husband was off at the first of November, we have played it as we have had time. It has become more challenging and fun for all of us as the kids finally have learned how to build better words with more points. They also have learned to use the double/triple letter/word spaces to their advantage. Who would have thought that the word monkey would have so many points if put on a triple word space?? LOL I dont know when it happened exactly, but I am no longer the household champion here. I have had to defend my crown a few times here the past few weeks. Their vocabulary has certainly grown and it is somewhat embarrassing when they use a word that they know that I am clueless about. (because I have to say, what does that mean LOL) We've played several games of scrabble this weekend in between all the Thanksgiving activities. Great family fun, and I am thankful for the challenge my kids are throwing at me now days as their vocabulary expands.


Decorating for Christmas has been interesting this weekend as well. Friday afternoon, we headed to the tree lot that we've bought our live trees from the past three or four years. They did not have the live ball trees yet. (that is what they called them) We drove to their local site that is in Gibsonville and the man at the farm (which is open to the public on the weekends) told me they didn't have any yet either, but to check back Sunday. We really hoped to put our tree up Friday night, but if we wanted a live ball tree (with the roots BTW) then we had to wait until Sunday to check with them again. So, we returned home and started hanging the wreaths outside and putting up the little rustic trees from last year that I described at that time in this post . We put off putting the lights up outside until today. I also knew that I needed to go into my extra closet in my bedroom to pull out some of the Christmas that I keep in there that I dont want to be in the attic. Today we tackled both of those chores and now all that is really left is to put the tree up tomorrow if they have them ready for us. At least they are a farm that is only 2 or 3 miles away. Everything is basically ready to go if they have one there. (and if it is in our price range)


A few pictures from around the house:


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 comment(s):

Great detail shots, Muddy. I got a couple of great pictures of my tree this time.

By Blogger Livemalls, at 3:58 PM, December 28, 2006  

Thanks, Glory is always God's...

By Blogger Muddy, at 1:28 AM, January 05, 2007  

Post a comment

<< Home