From The Mud Puddle

Friday, March 07, 2008

Every week, it seems I get at least two or three hits on my site meter telling me that someone has come to my blog because they were doing a Google search for puddles, or mud puddles or some sort of combination of muddy puddles. I know that they arrive because of the name of my blog comes up when they do their search for pictures.

At first I felt it was funny, then I found it interesting. These people kept coming because they were doing searches for pictures of puddles in some way. My blog was letting them down. I really started to feel a need to oblige these faithful people that are on the Internet so that their "click" to here was not a waste of time. So for a while now, I've been planning on taking pictures of puddles, mud puddles etc to meet their needs.
Only problem is that we in NC are in a drought and so rain has been scarce.(and with water restrictions, its not like I can just go turn on the hose and make my own, you know..) Today though, you are in luck, it is raining (hard) and I finally went outside to take a few pictures. Mind you, it is still raining and it is cold, so these were taken from my front porch and back porch. That is about all the dedication I can drum up for you this time. My hope is to make this a regular thing so that my blog is not a wasteland of random incoherent thoughts, but a blog of purpose, of intent.....er...scrap that-this blog will still be a wasteland of random incoherency...but occasionally, I hope to post pictures of puddles and perhaps sometime, most specifically mud puddles!

These pictures are for personal, non-commercial use. They are my own personal pictures and I maintain the copywrite to them. You are just allowed to use them in a family friendly way as long as you're not going to make money from their use in anyway.

Enjoy the show!


Bayley came out with me to supervise the photo shoot, but after two pictures saw I had it under control and so he wanted back inside again.





I call the one below, "Puddle in a Porch Chair", isnt that clever?
:)






Bonus picture below.
While not a Puddle of sorts, you can see the waves the drops are making in the water standing in the wagon.


With all that said, the pictures above might not be anything you are interested in or looking for, so I offer you the Gund version of "Puddles"

Yes, this little dog is called "puddles" officially (click on the picture for a close up of the tush tag)
The one on the far left is "mama" puddles, the one in the middle is just "puddles" while the one on the right is "baby puddles". My son added the extra distinction of mama and baby to the collection (two of these are his from his childhood) to tell them apart.


Labels: , ,

4 comment(s):

I have to laugh just because of all the puddle pictures.

Do you ever get hits from people searching for the band "puddle of mud"?

By Blogger Tanya, at 11:15 PM, March 07, 2008  

I probably have. I have seen many variations involving mud or puddles. I am sure part of the people passing through have been extreamly disappointed to find all that they get from this blog is a homeschool mom with husband, two kids and a dog!

By Blogger Muddy, at 11:06 PM, March 08, 2008  

Ah, blogging with a purpose!

We used to have a cat named "Puddle" actually. "Puddy" for short. She was so named after my daughter vetoed my suggested "Annabelle" and sighed that it was HER kitten, couldn't she name it whatever SHE wanted?!! So I asked, well, what do you wish to name it? We were walking outside at the time, after a nice little rain, and grasping at straws, she replied, "PUDDLE!!!" (cause she was black, like a muddy puddle.)

Hmmmph. I liked Annabelle better, but it was HER cat. She was a good cat too (but mysteriously dissappeared after accidentally getting out once, sadly).

By Blogger Rachael, at 11:09 AM, March 09, 2008  

Rachael, what a sweet story about your daughter and HER cat. (except the part about her going missing)

By Blogger Muddy, at 7:48 PM, March 11, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home