From The Mud Puddle

Thursday, August 21, 2008


For this week's edition of Things Around My House hosted by MSM I present this:


The Ameri Bag

I bought this last week when I was out of town with my daughter on our "girlfriend trip". I hate carrying a pocketbook and generally will just carry my vera bradley key/coin purse combo thing and my cell phone. I've been looking for something sleek, simple and lightweight, however, so that I could put my phone and keys together where I would be hands free as I ran errands. This bag was the perfect solution for me. I was even able to put my camera in there (a bit tight-but it did fit). IT is made of some sort of water resistant (assumption) nylon/cotton type materials and is only ten inches by five or six inches with a long adjustable strap. (which can also be removed) I can throw the strap over my head/shoulder and be off-hands free to shop and look as I need to without carrying a bulky handbag.

Thanks for visiting my TIMHT entry!

3 comment(s):

This looks cool.

I've tried everything from fanny packs to backpacks to slings to messenger bags to suitcase size purses. .. I've yet to find something that is Just Right.

I want something small, but if it is too organized and crowded, I won't even try if I'm hurried; then it is worse than just throwing everything into a big hole of a bag. . .

Congrats on finding something that works for you!

Thanks for sharing!

By Blogger MSM, at 5:37 PM, August 22, 2008  

Very nice! I was starting to carry really small purses, but I couldn't fit my brush in. I really like what my current (big) purse looks like, but I end up with a lot of stuff in it and it gets heavy! Your bag looks very usable.

~Susan

By Blogger A happy heart at home, at 6:50 AM, August 23, 2008  

I hear you MSM, I know I have looked lots of places trying to find the perfect bag. Mostly I dont like how bags hang on my shoulder, so will opt to have a bag that I carry in my hands. Then I end up not having hands available to shop. I've tried just carrying my keys, but then I have to hand them off to one of the kids to put in their pocket.

Susan, I hear you on the hairbrush too. I keep one in my car. Right now with this bag, I have my key/wallet combo thing, my cell, some burts bees, a few bandaids and a pen. That is the perfect amount of stuff for me. Anything else just gets in the way or I keep it in the car.

Thanks for looking :)

By Blogger Muddy, at 10:41 PM, August 26, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home