From The Mud Puddle

Monday, August 04, 2008

MSM has asked the question:

So, if you can allow yourself to conjure up a scenario where you have to be out of your house for good, in ten minutes, and your family and animals are SAFE, what would you take?

I really like to consider myself a very non materialistic person, but who am I kidding? I live in the year 2008 in the United States of America. I have my comfy bed, my comfy blankets...well, all the comforts of home here in my home. Still, if I had ten minutes to grab things and still get to safety, I guess my list would look something like this:

Pictures
Money/pocketbook/important paper's folder
computer and disks...maybe my little bedroom TV and my camera
food and meds
And if I still had time, I'd grab things that are irreplaceable, like the piece of pottery made in my grandfather's shop, the things my grandmother made(quilts), things my mother has made for me etc.

I guess those would be the things I'd throw in my car and go with, but who knows. Everything mentioned above are just things and I might just be thankful that I have my life and the lives of my family and get out of there regardless of any time frame to grab more.

I've heard of people who have challenged themselves to downsize to where they only have 100 Things . They desire less clutter. They say that clutter stresses you-and I would say if that is true (which I think it is) we probably are some of the most stressed people (in this nation) that ever have lived. I'd love to live with less...I'd love to declutter-but seriously? I doubt my goals will really be met until my kids move out of the house where I can send my clutter (and their clutter) to their house....like my mama did with hers LOL

2 comment(s):

I'd like to take my computer, but I'd spend the whole ten minutes figuring out how to untangle and unplug and unwedge my tower. . . I NEED a Laptop, and then I'd add that to my list for sure!

I think you need to move at least one of your grandmother's quilts to the top of your list. . . it might be cold outside.......

Thanks for participating!

By Blogger MSM, at 7:33 PM, August 04, 2008  

I think I imagined having my son and husband help with the carrying while I untangled stuffs.

I probably should move the quilts and stuff to the top of the list...more than likely though-what probably would happen is that anything and everything in my eyesight would come. With that in mind, the more likely thing that I would grab that she made is the doily that she crocheted that I placed in a matted frame. (as it would catch my eye faster.)

By Blogger Muddy, at 5:28 PM, August 05, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home