From The Mud Puddle

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Hi there,

I was going to type out something, well actually did type it out last night, about home churches and my family's experience in one. I posted it, and then decided to just make it a draft while I thought some more. I dont really know who you the reader is yet, so for me to post something, that while very significant in my spiritual life, just seemed to not flow with my slowly letting you get to know me and who I am, so put it on hold for now. Perhaps next week, or in another month or so. It was in somewhat a response to another blog I often read through. I just decided that my blogging needed to stay focused right now to the ebb and flow of where I am now and backtrack as applicable.

Spent part of the day traveling with my husband 35 minutes down the highway to Hillsbourough to get a new tire for his van. Last night , my husband was driving home at about 12:30 am, when his tire blew. We were already using the spare on another part of the car, so he didnt have that one available to him. Things have been VERY tight until recent weeks, and it just had been pushed to the back burner until we sorted out some of the bills that were due. We had planned on getting new tires for my car this weekend, since I travel to and from church alone once a week, and often am out in the evenings as well with the kids while he is working. The plan was to get my car set up then work on his. Well now he has one new tire...and needs yet another two (one of which is to replace the spare tire, which is the one that blew) Bad part about all of this, is that he was out in the middle of no where coming home...and couldnt call me to come get him, so he rode home on that tire, which turned into shreds along the way. I was horrified when I saw it this morning! Anyhow, why so far for a new tire? Simple, Sears wanted $102.00, Walmart tire and lube only wanted $45.00. Was worth the drive..especially considering the discount he gets since he still is working at walmart pt time.

I am amazed at the difference in pricing. Just seems that it is the way of the world though. I've considered and reconsidered this world a lot lately, and the things that go on...and how much we may accept, and how much we let pass by us that is not right.

Its getting late, and Im hoping he will be calling me soon to come get him from work. He tried to get the tire on, but since the bad tire was in shreds, it was too low to the ground for him to fit his jack under and turn it much without bending the turn thingy (technical term there lol) . He is going to borrow a hydrolic jack from our neighbor in the morning, but until then, I drove him this afternoon, and will have to go get him here in a few. Anyway, He got this new job two-three weeks ago. He likes it, and while not in his field doing what he had planned, it is blessing to have ANY job right now that will pay the bills (or any combination of jobs) We hope to have insurance again, we hope to get caught up on bills and many other things that are needed (like braces for my daughter, and new glasses and the like for myself and her) We trust in the Lord that He will provide. He taught us many new ways (and still is) in how to depend on Him this year and that He does indeed know when our power bill is due! ::smile::

I also applied for a job today. Idealy I'd like to continue to not work, but I know it would at this point help easy my husband's load and might become yet another way for God to provide for us. It would be at the public library in Graham. I leave it up to God though. I know phone book deliveries start in December, but this would be nice to have as well to keep busy and to have extra here to continue paying bills and for the holidays and all those awful things that we call "life". Its not that I mind working, just our plan has been for so long that I stay home and Jay does whatever he has to to work so the kids have someone consistantly always here. For 14 yrs , this is how we've done it, and are still open to things staying the same if God would have it be that way, but are also open to what else God may have for us as a family as we consider our future. So I leave all this job stuff in God's hands and will let Him decide if now is the time.

My other option that I really have also considered is going back to college and finishing my degree. When I left I was burned out! I had planned on going back, but as God so had it, He blessed us with a baby instead! So I put off going, even while my husband went back for a second degree here in recent years. I'd love to return again though, to finish...and to have the opportunity perhaps for better job opportunities as my two children enter college age in a few years(as we send both off into the world! EKKKK!) I am somewhat nervous about returning, but thought about taking a web designing or art class at community college or at the city arts in Greensboro(cheap class/no commitment) to get my feet wet before going back into the University setting.

Perhaps God is just prepping me, preparing my mind , heart and time before my kids get to college age...so that I have my options wide open to be busy after all the years at home. I do not want to wish away my time with my kids....and would rather spend the remaining years deep into homeschooling them and being that constant...and so would rather God choose my path knowing my future and what is best, rather than for me to try to figure it out.

Goodnight!

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home