From The Mud Puddle

Saturday, January 08, 2005

In 1999 we started delivering phone books. I had a friend that did it, and so I asked one day how she got into it. I went to the meeting with her, filled out an application ...showed up the next day and the rest is history. What started out to be a way that first year to make a bit of "pocket change" for our family for the week my husband was scheduled to have off, turned into so much more as God blessed our efforts and remembered that we were indeed working for Him and not for man.
Here we are several years later-still bagging up our books and tossing them out the window. We have done the Greensboro books for six years now, The Burlington books for 5, and the Winston Salem books for 2. Its hard work, but the blessings far outweigh the cost, not just in money, but in the lessons and ways we have learned to work together as a family. Our kids love it! The memories they have that surround this time,(and that I do as well) are priceless. We started out in a station wagon, and last year invested in a used cargo van. Its all God that we do this at all. Thought I'd share a piece of my life known as the phone book days. Its a journey into something I never imagined myself doing with my kids.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home