From The Mud Puddle

Friday, February 11, 2005

This year has been one of many challenges and adventures. It has been a year where God so graciously taught us new ways to depend on Him, and that He WILL provide and knows when our power bill IS due. Provision didn't always happen how I thought was best, but what he thought was better (to borrow a phrase from a Watermark song)...

I ran across this poem today by Ruth Bell Graham...thought it was worth sharing.

Plenty
is always provision for a need:
another's
or some future of our own-
unrealized, perhaps;
unseen,
The seven years of famine
that would come.
So
when a winter promises to be severe,
nature generously provides
for little friends;
and sensing
in her lavish spread
a hint of coming wantk,
the ants
and squirrels are busy
harvesting;
and so am I.
I have been
so generously provided for
in happiness,
good memories,
family,
and true friends,
and more than all-
His presence and His word;
perhaps it is a "sign,"
as mountain people say,
that winter is to be a tough one,
If that is so,
let it be;
my larders are well stocked.


from the book
-Sitting by my laughing fire...

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home