From The Mud Puddle

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Micah 6:8 No, O people, the LORD has already told you what is good, and this is what he requires: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
I was thinking some about this verse this week, in particular the part where it says to love mercy. I thought back to something our pastor said not too long ago. In his teaching, he mentioned this verse and about the difference between just knowing we are to show mercy and to LOVE mercy. To love showing mercy is a lot different than just understanding what mercy is all about and is a lot different than just knowing it is something we are to do as believers. No, to love mercy is to embrace it...it is to love giving mercy to those around us that wrong us. To love mercy is to desire to show others leniency when our rights have been stepped all over.
As I pondered it, in conjunction with a situation...I knew God was trying to tell me something through His word where that situation was concerned. He brought this verse to mind as I prayed for guidance. It is so hard to lay down our rights and times when we know we have been wronged. It is so hard to keep loving someone in Christ when someone continues to push you to the side or take you for granted. But we are to continue to love to show mercy. To walk humbly also means we do not demand our rights, but to love anyway. To do what is right often means to give up ours. May I learn to love mercy because He first loved me.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home