From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, November 01, 2005



Baby Muddy-39 years ago.

Interesting, my daughter has this calligraphy calendar, and for today, November 1st, there was the word "Birthday" to practice in this certain writing. Too cool. Anyway, so far this day has been good...any day where cake is involved is usually a good one. My husband is home this week, and that too makes it especially nice.

I was thinking back this past week about the times I turned a "nine" birthday. When I turned "9", It was a Saturday. All day we were around the house. Around that time, I had my barbies set up in the living room. I only had two (what's the deal now with little girls having 40+ barbies?). I would play a while and then return to it throughout the day. On that day, every time I would return, there was a new barbie outfit my mom had made. I would go away again to do something else only to return to find another barbie outfit later. Fun stuff. My barbies got a boost in their clothes made for me by my mom....and it was a fun way to spend the day...Later Im sure we had cake and some kind of special dinner ...but what I remember most were those randomly appearing barbie clothes LOL.

When I turned 1"9", I had met my husband-to-be and we were dating. It was a rainy day and I was feeling eww at first. I missed one class at college, but then went to the second class of the day later on. It was a Friday. Later that evening, my family gathered , including Jay, my then boyfriend, now husband and we had dinner, cake and presents. It was fun, because nothing felt stressful that day at that point....life was great...turning 19 was great :)

I cannot say I remember 2"9" though....it is somewhat a blur as was most things at that time. I believe my husband and I probably went out to dinner without the kids (while they stayed at their Memaw's house) It however was not my worst birthday....and had to be an improvement over the year before when I turned 28. I do remember writing on the calendar that I'd be 29 forever as a joke. Hmmm...here 10 years later...Im glad Im not still 29....years might be hard from time to time...but I certainly like who I am and am becoming continually living in the grace of our Lord day after day.

So we'll see how this "9" birthday turns out....if like the others, it should be good....mainly because family is near and God holds me in his hand as I am His.

2 comment(s):

Happy Birthday, Muddy. Here's hoping this "9" will be just as special as the others.

By Blogger Livemalls, at 9:33 PM, November 01, 2005  

Thanks :)

By Blogger Muddy, at 12:50 PM, November 02, 2005  

Post a comment

<< Home