From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Shout joyful praises to God, all the earth! Sing about the glory of his name! Tell the world how glorious he is. Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! Your enemies cringe before your mighty power. Everything on earth will worship you; they will sing your praises, shouting your name in glorious songs." Interlude Come and see what our God has done, what awesome miracles he does for his people! He made a dry path through the Red Sea, and his people went across on foot. Come, let us rejoice in who he is. For by his great power he rules forever. He watches every movement of the nations; let no rebel rise in defiance. Interlude Let the whole world bless our God and sing aloud his praises. Our lives are in his hands, and he keeps our feet from stumbling. You have tested us, O God; you have purified us like silver melted in a crucible. You captured us in your net and laid the burden of slavery on our backs. You sent troops to ride across our broken bodies. We went through fire and flood. But you brought us to a place of great abundance. Now I come to your Temple with burnt offerings to fulfill the vows I made to you-- yes, the sacred vows you heard me make when I was in deep trouble. That is why I am sacrificing burnt offerings to you-- the best of my rams as a pleasing aroma. And I will sacrifice bulls and goats. Interlude Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me. For I cried out to him for help, praising him as I spoke. If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, my Lord would not have listened. But God did listen! He paid attention to my prayer. Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer and did not withdraw his unfailing love from me. Psalm 66
I've been listening to the latest David Crowder CD the past couple of weeks, A Collision. One of the songs that has caught my attention is the second one, where again and again he sings "Come and listen, ....Come and Listen....You who are thirsty come....Let me tell you what he has done for me, let me tell you what he has done for me....he has done for you...he has done for us...Come and listen...."
It reminded me of these verses above...one of which was a verse that my best friend from High school quoted in her testimony of what God had done for her after she was diagnosed with cancer last year.
It brought to mind some of the many verses that as a family we have read through that talks about God's fame and the importance of God's fame to all the world as we have read together at night, verse by verse, chapter by chapter, book by book. God did many wonderous things through out the bible just so that we'd know He is God, our Lord and Savior.
God still works in ways that are wonderful and amazing. Oftentimes we dont recognize it or see it....but just because we might fail to see it doesnt mean that He isnt the hand behind it all. I know in my own life he has come and allowed me to see his hand there supporting me, doing many wonderful things. His fame is important, The glory is His alone.
Why is it so easy for us to tell our friends and well anyone around us about xyz product, that has perhaps enhanced our lives to such a degree that we want everyone to know how wonderful it is...yet fail to share what the Lord has done for us?
We go through the fire and are as the verses said, refined as silver...I know I've been through the fires of life and God has worked through those situations to purify me and mold me as His own. You need to hear of those times so that God can be known through my life.
So perhaps you will come and listen....and let me tell you of the things the Lord has done for me, and in return you can also tell me of what the Lord has done for you and His fame and glory can be spread. Praise God , for He is good...

1 comment(s):

Vey insightful, Muddy.

By Blogger Livemalls, at 5:42 PM, November 10, 2005  

Post a comment

<< Home