From The Mud Puddle

Monday, March 30, 2009

Caffeinate Cleverly Lattes Don't Have to Break the Bank: We wouldn't dream
of asking you to quit cold turkey, but weaning off Starbucks could save you
money. A 20-ounce latte from Dunkin' Donuts runs $3.29; at Starbucks, the
same-size drink sets you back $3.65. Plus, at Dunkin' Donuts you don't have to
say "venti" when you want a large.

Kiplinger's March 2009 Issue

I am not a coffee drinker, but I do love a Venti Hot Chocolate with extra whip for a treat now and again from Starbucks. I found this clip in their March issue made me smile. A rose by any other name is still a rose. (in other words, call it a large or a venti-it's still the same amount of drink, Yes?) My hot chocolate obsession/issues/addiction?! is not a regular enough thing to matter-especially with spring here and summer close on it's tail. Speak to me about this again in November or December when all the cute Christmas Cups are out again.

Oh and BTW, this was a magazine that I found at CVS for $1 in a buggy full of month old magazines as they new ones were brought in. Nice to find a Personal Finance Magazine for a discount . That too made me smile...saving money getting tips on saving money. :)

2 comment(s):

I would pee in my pants if I found a cart full of $1 magazines; I love magazines but do my best not to spend the $3 - 7 they ridiculously cost.

Oh, to be able to relax with some one dollar mags and a LARGE cup of coffee.....

By Blogger MSM, at 10:20 AM, March 30, 2009  

Well if seeing a basket full of magazines would cause that reaction, then you might not be alone. This week sitting where the magazines sat last week was a table of depends for 75% off LOL!

I rarely buy magazines....but for a dollar-it felt about right for what I'd get out of it.

Meet you at starbucks next time for our respective Venti drinks...

By Blogger Muddy, at 3:43 PM, April 02, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home