From The Mud Puddle

Monday, March 02, 2009

It started snowing here in my part of NC late in the day Sunday....after a day and a half of very cold temps and a very cold rain.



Bayley's first inclination is to eat the snow. Ever since he was a tiny pup, he has loved to shove his face in the cold white powder and begin to graze. He loves cold food; ice, icicles, etc-so it's no surprise that he loves snow.



My son and I went outside with Bayley for a little while. It was a very wet, cold snow at first.



When we got cold, we told Bayley it was time to come back inside. He was not done with the all you can eat snow buffet that now graced our yard. The look he gave me when I informed him it was time to come inside says it all.



As homeschoolers, we've never officially had a snow day-until today. (What's the point when you are already home and at school-right? LOL) Oh sure they got to play in it those few times we've seen snow.....but they still got to work on their studies while they warmed up.
We had a relaxing morning before going outside ....allowing the kids to enjoy their first real snow holiday. (My son, a junior this year in our homeschool was allowed a day off as well-a first in the many years our homeschool has been in existence!)

It was fun walking around in the yard and up the road to take various photos.









My daughter, Hannah, enjoying her snowday! (son is behind her in the picture)



Both my son, Christopher and daughter, Hannah posing for mom for a snow day photo!




Bayley once again was grazing in the front yard eating all he could. Eating snow makes you shiver.


Eating snow also makes you quite adorable as the flakes stick to your fur.

My son, Christopher enjoying his snowday!



Bayley continued to eat more snow-and continued to shiver. I walked up to the front porch to let him in , yet he did not want to go inside yet. He was having too much fun....even though he was freezing.



My daughter, Hannah ran inside to get his red sweater. I put it on him. He still seemed cold, but at least was not shaking quite as much.




Bayley warmed up to the idea of continuing to eat more snow.



My kids have long had a snowball rivalry. It's been many years since we have had this much snow (we got 5"), so they have not had a good chance to fight it out in a long while. My son has been waiting for all these years for the chance to "cream" his sister with a snowball as she did to him for many years.



They tossed a few back and forth....mainly just enjoying throwing the cold round balls of snow...but I never got a full report of the result.


Bayley and I walked around the house, trying our best to get out of the way of the flying snow.


Soon, he walked up the porch-ready to go inside. He finally had ate his fill and was tired of being outside.



The day continued mostly inside, taking a nice long nap with my husband while the kids did their own thing...Ordering some pizza...watching some TV. All in all it was a day to remember and to praise God for. Snow doesnt come nearly as often to these parts as we'd prefer, but we enjoy it whenever it does decide to brighten our part of the world...fluffy flake by fluffy flake.



3 comment(s):

You are an EXCELLENT photo journalist; I feel like I could just walk across the street and join you....

Looks like y'all had a wonderful day!

By Blogger MSM, at 11:41 PM, March 03, 2009  

Enjoy the snow - it's beautiful, and I enjoyed seeing your family having fun in it!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:29 AM, March 05, 2009  

MSM, it was fun...you should have just come on over...it's only what...a 14-15 hr trip? LOL

And Susan, thanks-it was fun while it lasted. Now it is totally gone as we reach into the 60's and 70's these next few days.

By Blogger Muddy, at 4:28 PM, March 06, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home