From The Mud Puddle

Thursday, February 05, 2009

For TIMHT this week, meet "Mack", our dehumidifier. For the past year or two, it seems we've had a lot of moisture in the house - enough that we started noticing some floorboards warping and some additional mold that we never had before. The house as a whole just felt kind of damp. We have a couple of ideas of what might be causing some troubles(fixable things), but knew we really needed to call in some reinforcements before more damage could be done.
When I cut Mack on for the first time, he told me that our house's humidity was 85%-very high. (normal is around 50%) Since running Mack, our humidity levels have stayed where they should be. It's amazing the amount of water this little guy sucks out of the air each day in order to keep things even while we take baths, wash/dry clothes and dishes etc.
We named it Mack because it sounds like a diesel Mack truck idling in the kitchen. It makes for some great white noise...and well is a good trade off if it means our air is less heavy.
For more TIMHT fun, jump over to MSM's blog !

4 comment(s):

I don't think our house is too humid, but I like the idea of the white noise, :)

I had no idea that a house could be THAT humid or that a dehumidifier could work so well.

Thanks for joining TIMHT!!

By Blogger MSM, at 12:37 AM, February 05, 2009  

LOL I've thought of photoing my humidifier for TIMHT. We have the opposite problem here in Texas. We struggle to get to 50%. Ours tells us we are usually around 35%. I haven't named it yet though.Hmmm.

By Blogger Carol, at 10:36 AM, February 05, 2009  

Okay, can I just say that I LOVE that you have named the dehumidifier :) I remember having one of those as a kid, and it's making me wonder ... I don't think we have one now (my husband is in charge of everything like that). I'll have to ask.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:55 PM, February 05, 2009  

Thanks for visiting y'all! ::typed as "Mack" hums in the background::

By Blogger Muddy, at 9:34 PM, February 05, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home