From The Mud Puddle

Monday, January 19, 2009

The cold...As the temperatures in my part of the world dropped last week due to the cold, my daughter started coughing, sneezing and being feverish due to the cold...of a different kind. One by one, the rest of us have fallen to the cold.
And now-unusual as it is for my part of the world, the cold....the weather kind...has brought us some flurries. While my hope is that we'd get snowed in by the 1-2" they are calling for (especially since both kids have the day off from work)....reality is there are things to do and places to go if any of us feel good enough to get out the door.


In 1992 my daughter(seen left) started mothers morning out. It lasted three months. I was not impressed with their efforts to make sure they got fresh air each day when it meant letting them go outside to play in the rain. We ditched mother's morning out and never looked back except to comment, "That was interesting". LOL
In 2009, my daughter (seen right) started at the local community college. She is taking two classes and things seem good so far for her. These two pictures pretty much sum up the "going to school elsewhere" scene as opposed to ones we took her first day of kindergarten (in our homeschool) sitting at the kitchen table with scissors in hand ready to take on the world one piece of construction paper at a time.


4 comment(s):

The side-by-side pic is funny!

Sorry y'all have all been sick :(

By Blogger MSM, at 12:14 AM, January 22, 2009  

It was fun to take the photo last week as she headed out the door for her first college class. I loved that little photo of her when she was going out the door at age two....both her bag and lunchbox as big as she was!

Still feeling yuck, but hoping it will all pass soon...

By Blogger Muddy, at 6:35 PM, January 22, 2009  

I love that she's at the same spot each time ... and how neat about the two non-home-school photos too. How does she like her new school so far? I bet that's a hard adjustment. I am REALLY considering homeschooling my youngest. The thought terrifies me ...!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:43 PM, January 22, 2009  

Susan, she likes going so far. She knows its a lot of work and she feels WAY out of her comfort zone there (which I reminder her so does everyone else there first semester or so)....

Homeschooling worked well for our family. I know it isn't for everyone-but definitely worth at least looking into as an option for your child.

As for being terrified...I think most are at the prospect of homeschooling-but knowing it was God's school-and my kids were His made a difference there in resting in His peace as He led us into schooling our kids this way.

By Blogger Muddy, at 2:14 AM, January 23, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home