From The Mud Puddle

Friday, October 09, 2009

Back in the summer, I saw where Legos for education was offering a small lego set to encourage educators to help them come up with educational ideas. The insert in the mail says "Are You Lego Smart".
One of the activities was to build a duck using only the red and yellow pieces included in this set. It said that each duck would be different and that it would be interesting to compare them all.
So, curious what we as a family could come up with, I decided we'd try it. My duck turned out like this:

My son, Christopher's looks like it is skimming the waterways:


Bayley was mildly interesting, probably because he thought that the sound of plastic indicated food for him to stare at:



Bored, he laid back down and went back to sleep again:


My daughter, Hannah, took her turn creating the Bunducky-patient pending of course:


My husband's duck, well...I think he has some sort of floatation device to assist him:

It was a fun activity, and sure enough we all created different Lego Ducks out of the pieces. We are not sure what we'll end up submitting for the educational lego thingy-but one thing is for sure...
I have fallen in love with this lime green piece that was in the pack. Who knew that lime green was a color? I didn't know-so if nothing else, this pack of legos taught me that lime green legos exist!


3 comment(s):

Fun LEGO creations :-)

By Blogger Livemalls, at 11:41 PM, October 09, 2009  

How CUTE!! Thanks for sharing those. Also, I really appreciated your comment at my place about scrapbooking. Those were great ideas, and it helps to know others have struggled with the same thing ...

By Anonymous Susan, at 5:05 PM, October 10, 2009  

Thanks guys!

Susan: Seems that both Walgreens and Snapfish have both had free book offers in the past couple of weeks on facebook-I'll try to remember to tell you if I see a current one float by in the next few weeks or so.

By Blogger Muddy, at 12:49 AM, October 14, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home