From The Mud Puddle

Friday, November 26, 2004

All In A Day
Im waiting on my blanket to get dry, then Im off to bed. Its a bit early for me, but Im tired. No, I didnt do the shopping thing. I wouldnt dare....especially with my own Christmas thoughts of late.(another blog, another time perhaps) I worked another model home temporary job. I go back tomorrow. Either my husband or myself go back on Sunday. He worked today at one too (he was off from his regular full time job) He works tomorrow at another. He is at walmart now, and says he is fine, yeah right. I know he is tired, but its hard to pass up jobs like this when offered....especially with bills, and the holidays coming. He took a tiny nap this morning (after fending off the crazy folks at walmart that showed up at 2 am for the 6 am specials ::eye roll::) and another tiny nap after getting home again. Repeat the same tomorrow. He did get to catch up on some reading though, which made him happy. How many jobs can you do where you can catch up on reading, cross stitch, sewing etc, while getting paid? I worked a pretty nice place today. Lots of traffic (which is unusual for a holiday supposedly...the agent said it would be very slow...boy was she wrong ! LOL) That is good though, kept me busy, with people, and in between did some projects I tucked in my bag. I did at least have a microwave this time (though came prepared with my tea kettle to at least heat water if I needed to!)
So why am I waiting on my blanket to dry...why was it washed? Sighz, its all our dog's fault. Somehow our bedroom door isnt shutting and staying shut as it used to. We shut doors when we all leave the house to keep him out of our bedrooms. Kids went to my moms for a visit and to help her do some things. While we were all away, Bayley got in my bedroom , and decided to take my blanket and make it his bed for the day. BAD DOG! So Im washing it ....its the main one that I pull up around me at night....and dog is the last thing that I need to smell on that blanket! We need to do something about that dog!
Yesterday was a good day-nice Thanksgiving day for us here. It was a quiet day with just my husband and the two kids and of course the dog. We cooked a turkey breast, and kept it simple. (long story of why we do Thanksgiving this way) Several years ago, back when the kids were very small (3 and 1) , we had just lost our third child, Grace, before she/he was born. I was not feeling very thankful at that time(as I should have been), but heard of an idea that God set it on my heart to do. For the month of November, for each day leading up to thanksgiving, each of us wrote on some construction paper leaves things we were thankful for. We hung these leaves on a branch set in sand that stayed on our bar in the Kitchen. It was a perfect way for us to refocus, and to see and remember all that we did have that we needed to thank God for. On thanksgiving day, we read all of them, offering up thanks to the Lord for all He had done and for being our God. We did this for a few years...the kids loved it. We didnt have one this year (and havent for many years, though should have probably!) If we had had one, Im sure many of the leaves would have read much like this below....
Am thankful for Our Heavenly Father who has so richly supplied all of our needs, Mostly by giving up His own son, for my salvation and the salvation of the world. Thankful for A husband that loves me, and that works so hard for us in order to be that vessel God can provide through so much of the time. I am thankful for two kids that love the Lord God, and that enjoy homeschooling and are happy and content with what they have and who they are. They are true gems! I am thankful for God, for watching after me when I started having some health problems again this year....and for the drs patience as we pay them all back the bills we added up those two days of tests and consultations. Am thankful it wasnt more, and that it is getting better daily....and under control now with meds (and that the meds are not expensive!) Am thankful for transportation, for our church and church family...and all those whom we consider as friends. I am thankful to be able to look back over this past year, and see how God has pulled us through SO MUCH, and provided. I am thankful to have a roof over my head still and yet, power, phone, and yes...even this silly metal box with wires that is still plugging away, even though it coughs and sputters and acts like it is about to die at times. And thankful to God for work-and for not just work we get paid for...but for things He gives us to do to be busy with, to be needed and useful.
~~Lord of All to Him I raise, this my hymn of grateful praise.....Amen

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home