From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I had a birthday yesterday. I turned 38 with little fuss . My husband called me from work at midnight to wish me a happy birthday. My son got up out of bed and came to give me a hug at midnight. (he had just gone to bed shortly before this) My sister sent me an email wishing me a happy birthday...and so I enjoyed just the small remembrances here and there from different places. Goodness, even yahoo said happy birthday to me! ;) Anyhow... The next morning after breakfast, we had our little party of cookies with icing. They all gave me homemade cards, each unique and with a little note. Always fun times! Also, my husband and kids took me out to eat. We had a"$20.00 off" card to use at a local restaurant where we had bad service a few weeks ago-so went there. After my husband went to work, I went to my mother's for part of the evening. She had a new TV and had recently added cable, so we watched TV with her, which I think she enjoyed. I know she must get lonely at times , especially in the evenings. Kids and I ended the day by eating sub sandwiches, and just enjoying yet one more cookie. We then went to bed early. (11 PM is early for me anymore) So after all was said and done, with nothing fancy...I celebrated yet another year of God's provision and lessons as He grew me in ways I probably wouldn't have chosen to grow, but am glad He thinks enough of me to grow me. Thank you Lord Jesus.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home