From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Last Words
I hate it when folks feel they have to have the last word. Oh I imagine we all are like that from time to time,even me. We all have that one more point to make, or we want our final words to be the ones that drift into the air last like a puff of smoke disintegrating into nothingness. Final words, last words often only come at the end of an argument or disagreement-and we all so long to be RIGHT all the time. (or at least let the other person know we do not agree with them one last time) Perhaps that is what makes them so bitter both in the giving and hearing.

Right-we long to be right, but then I think of Jesus, who hung on the cross after giving up His in Heaven. If anyone had rights, it was Jesus. If anyone was entitled to the last word, it was our savior. But us? No way-when we become a child of the King, we give up our rights as we accept His payment for our sins. We are paid for with a very dear price. I do not even think we can imagine fully what Jesus saved us from by dying on the cross. But as we give up our rights, we also learn that His ways are higher, and that often times, we no longer need those final words, those last words, because you see-it is Jesus himself who gave up his rights, that died for us that in the end WILL have the final say. When he returns in the end, He will come as a conquering King. I look forward to that day.

Until then, I need to just learn that I have no rights and should keep my mouth shut when I feel I must have the last word :)

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home