From The Mud Puddle

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

"All right, but I've heard a lot of talk about Jesus Christ as a man. How can he be a man and God at the same time?"

Murphy laughed. " A lot of people smarter than me have wrestled with that one over the last couple thousand years, but let me give it a try. How's your Shakespeare?"

"I read some stuff in college. But I don't remember a whole lot , to be honest."

Murphy laughed. "Me neither. But you remember who Macbeth is?"

"Sure. The Scottish guy. Had a doozy of a wife."

"See, you remember more than you think. Anyway, could the character Macbeth ever meet the author Shakespeare in person?"

Baines looked confused. " I would say no."

"Ah, but he could meet him." Murphy went on."Shakespeare could write himself into the play as a character named Shakespeare and introduce himself to Macbeth."

"I guess."

"Well, that's what God did. He is the author of the universe. He wrote Himself into the play of life in the bodily form of Jesus Christ. God took on the form of a man. Jesus even said, "I and the Father are one."

~The Secret on Ararat
Tim LaHaye and Bob Phillips
My husband is reading this book right now and read this part to me earlier in the day.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home