From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back in Novemeber, when my husband had the week off, we took a day and spent it in Boone NC. We enjoyed poking around in the shops, and walking around in the crisp cool air.

One of the things that caught my eye that day, were these beaded necklaces, bracelets and even the watches. They were beautiful. I tried a few on, but then just decided it might be more fun to make them myself. As I left there, I took note of what I liked and didnt like of the styles and patterns.

After a trip or two to Wal-Mart, Michaels (craft store) and A C Moore, my daughter and I started making some of these beaded bracelets. We had a great time trying to figure out patterns and putting together these things. We made several, some for ourselves, and some for others. (for Christmas presents). I have lost count of how many we've done. All but one style is different from another.

Today I finally made the watch. I had a hard time getting started - perhaps because my expectations of it were high. I wanted this to be a bit extra special. I poked around online for some examples (and was shocked/amazed to find a site where someone makes and sells these for $75-the ones in Boone were only 20-though perhaps the ones on the web site were using real sterling silver where the ones in Boone perhaps did not). I do not wear a watch often, but thought this might be a nicer one to wear out (as opposed to day to day wear). I have been messing around with some earring settings today, as well as a silver beaded necklace too. Just a little glimpse into what I've been up to lately-that has been fun and that utilized some of the creativity God has given me.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home