From The Mud Puddle

Monday, September 04, 2006

I have been sitting here trying to get a new template for my blog to work. This was my second choice...but honestly-I like it just as much as the first one I ran across. I was long overdue for a change.
Perhaps it is just the week for change. After several years, we have been repainting the bathroom. When we first had this house built and moved here close to 15 years ago, all the walls were a pale yellow. I was before my time, I believe, as it seems that I see that color so often used in conjunction with shades of oranges, browns and greens in the model homes I temp at from time to time.
Several years ago, we painted our bathroom a nice color of pink. We tried blue-but we did not like the shade(Grover blue I've been known to call it)...so went with the pink a day later. (live and learn)
This time we are painting it white. I just wanted a blank slate to start with this time, rather than a color that would box me in. I wanted to be free to go with whatever theme I wanted to, without the restraints of colors. I wanted the shower curtain and the window dressings and the towels to bring in the color this time. I also wanted the option of using a border, any border or doing a painting on the wall if I wanted to.. (had considered how it would be to paint a beach fence on the wall...borrowing from what I learned when I painted the picket fence on my daughter's wall several years ago.) No matter what I choose to do, the choice will be open...and free and I like that. It already looks a lot better.
Nothing like a change to give a new perspective, whether it is a newly painted bathroom or a new blogger template.

2 comment(s):

"Hello, everybodee!"

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 PM, September 04, 2006  

Ha!

Grover is groovy, just not on my bathroom walls!

By Blogger Muddy, at 12:54 PM, September 05, 2006  

Post a comment

<< Home