From The Mud Puddle

Monday, March 05, 2007


Oh I know this post may sound silly..marking the birthday (or as it is this week...birthday's) of my computers...but for me, for us..it was a marking of time...a fencepost if you will.
You see, 7 years ago on the 4th of March in the year 2000...we bought our first computer...beyond one that had been given to us that we had to practically peddle to get it to work. The one we had had window's 3.0 on it and there was no way (found by us) to connect to the internet through it. We visited the library as we needed the internet.
God, working through our first year of delivering phone books, we ended up with some extra money...enough to buy a computer..and logged onto the internet from home for the first time. This particular computer sits now in my son's room for now. It has windows 98 and has served us well for many years. It is now basically our back up computer as this one I type on now came to our house two years ago, March 7th.
For reasons that only a few know...and that God designed...the date of the first computer (and perhaps even the second...for different reasons) has meaning. It was a beginning...not just of being online and all that means...but of something much deeper.
As I have been reorganizing my house this past week (bigtime), I came across a notebook of notes, printed emails, chats and the like from that first few months...and year. Mixed emotions flooded my mind ... new perspectives gained from looking at situations fresh and even if just for a moment, I remembered...and said thank you once again to God...not just for the computer(s) we have been blessed with...but I thank God for the connections made...some even maintained through the years..and the purpose God gave the time and the machine in ways I could never have imagined.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home