From The Mud Puddle

Sunday, June 22, 2008

We woke up today to clouds, which turned to rain, which turned heavier rain, which turned to lightning and thunder. As soon as we thought it might be safe to take a shower, it started all over again. It was probably 4pm before I finally got into the shower in between thunderstorm bands.


However inconvenient the rain was, the sound of it was wonderful. It was nice spending a day as a family at home in the rain. We laughed at how funny it was that neither my husband or I could get a shower until late. We laughed at how silly it was that we were sitting here watching the Jetsons and the Flintstones on You Tube. We laughed as we pulled out my '80 Trivia Pursuit Game and started playing, nobody really getting much right. (Though by the time we finished, I had three pies, as did my husband and daughter. My son had two) We are now ending the day watching a disc from Season 2 of Family Affair while our laundry runs and it continues to rain.

While the rains were heavy and hard, mixed with small bits of hail, they were welcomed. I think everyone needs a good rainy day that they can sit at home in their jammies every now and again-and today was such a day for us. I hear more thunder off in the distance. It may not be totally over quite yet!

2 comment(s):

I enjoy rainy days like that. We have a room with skylights and it is particularly awesome to be able to watch and hear the storm from the atrium.

It's the same family-cozy feeling that I get about winter when there's nothing to do but stay inside and work puzzles, play games, or watch MacGyver or Green Acres (DVDs).

I loved Family Affair when I was young! I didn't know it was on DVD! : )

By Blogger MSM, at 9:05 AM, June 23, 2008  

Yeah, We got the first DVD of family affair free with our pepsi points, and then bought the second season from someone via Amazon.

By Blogger Muddy, at 2:27 PM, June 23, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home