From The Mud Puddle

Friday, August 08, 2008



Once again, MSM has invited us to join in with her to celebrate Things in my house Thursday. I made the above banner to share with her(and her friends) as any good weekly meme needs a cute banner IMO. You can download it here if you like.

Now for this week's contribution from muddy, I present my soap dispenser. Once upon a time it held some soft soap liquid soap. It also had a cute little fish picture inside, making it all cute. Well, one day we ran out of soft soap and I was still a few days away from going to the store for my weekly/every other week trip, so I started shaving bath soap into the soap dispenser. I added warm water so that while it sat in the dispenser, it would become the right consistency to pump out.

That was several months ago now. I never did buy any new soap as my family liked using this soap much better. I may eventually switch to a more eye appealing soap dispenser, but for now, I'm keeping it cheap. It costs so much less than buying liquid soap and is a good way to use up all those little pieces of soap at the end of the bar from the shower. I have been known to shave a half of bar into there before all is said and done if we are running really low. So that's it for this week. Be sure to check out MSM's blog for more fun with Things in my house Thursday!

5 comment(s):

I had no idea you could do that! I'm gonna start saving my soap and give that a try!

Thanks for the button! I love it!!!

By Blogger Amy, a redeemed sheep, at 10:32 AM, August 08, 2008  

Well, the soap idea is awesome, but I can't believe you made me a button!!

I LOVE it and love that you did it!

I think I am always asking you how you do stuff; seems you can do anything with a computer. I am IMPRESSED.

THANK YOU thank you thank you!!

By Blogger MSM, at 12:21 PM, August 08, 2008  

I got the soap idea from a friend of my mom's many years ago. I didnt really pull out the trick though until I NEEDED to unfortunately.

Glad you both liked the button. It was fun to make, and then funny to see the comments on your blog after I finished saying "you need a button" LOL I had no idea everyone else was thinking the same thing.

Glory always is God's if I do anything good.

By Blogger Muddy, at 2:28 PM, August 08, 2008  

What did you use to make it? I just purchased Photo Shop Elements 6. I'm waiting for the book I ordered to get here so I can figure the thing out.

And, yes, to God be ALL the glory, for He alone is worthy. :o) But I am still impressed with your talent. :o)

By Blogger Amy, a redeemed sheep, at 4:07 PM, August 08, 2008  

I used Paint Shop Pro to make that particular button. It was the first graphic program that I used, and I guess remains my favorite. I also from time to time will use Photo shop Elements (unsure exactly which version as it came with my graphic table). I have some things that I've created from scratch at http://kittymadewithlove.wordpress.com/
, though I haven't added to it in a long while. It certainly isn't a comprehensive list of all that I've done in the graphic's world..but gives you a sample spoon taste of a little of my stuff.

By Blogger Muddy, at 8:49 PM, August 08, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home