From The Mud Puddle

Thursday, October 29, 2009


This afternoon, after my husband, Jay, brought the mail inside, I noticed that we received THREE identical postcards from the same Gibsonville Alderman candidate running for office. One was addressed to my husband, a registered voter; another was addressed to myself, a registered voter, and lastly one was addressed to my daughter, also a registered voter. Under each name it said, "or current resident".

My first, second and third impression of this local candidate, Ted Barber, was if this is how he handles his campaign monies, there is NO way I would trust him to handle Town of Gibsonville monies. This is wasteful. One postcard to our household would have been sufficient. One postcard to ANY household would have been sufficient (if postcards HAD to be mailed at all). I realize that he probably just gleaned the registered voter database in order to know who to send the postcards to, but it is still irresponsible, wasteful and lazy to not take the time to weed out duplicate addresses in order to save money and resources.

And yes, those postcards are torn in half because after my first, second and third impressions as listed above, my next thought was to tear the postcards in half and throw them away.

Also, and probably more importantly-he takes the exact opposite stance from those I hold on local issues. Like some of his opponents have stated, if you do not have money-you do not spend money.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home