From The Mud Puddle

Saturday, January 26, 2008

It was "Bath Day" for Bayley, our 8 year old cocker spaniel. He hates his bath. He sees the "bath collar" (old collar we use only for his bath) and his head and tail drops. He knows what is coming. The kids take him for a walk as it does seem to wear him out enough that he doesn't actually fight the bath anymore. Still and yet, he drags along as they walk him on Bath day, knowing what is coming when he has to go back inside. After his bath, he gets a little bit more walking time around our circle and then is put on the front porch for a while until his fur dries some. We try to wait until a warmer day (relatively speaking) in the winter or a cooler day in the summer (relatively speaking) as he is a house dog and is used to a constant temperature for the most part. (Read: spoiled dog)
After he is outside a while he usually will fall asleep in the sun. Often we find him like this:
He is staring at our front door, waiting for us to come and rescue him from the dangers of the outside world...but then!!!
"Wait!!!"
"I hear something!!!"
:::head pops up in anticipation:::


"It's my boy! You have come to rescue me!"


"Wait, I didn't hear you right....You mean to say you are only out here to take pictures of me on the FRONT PORCH? You are NOT out here to save me?"


"That's just WRONG dude"


"I thought you loved me"

"I am so distraught I have forgotten how to sit properly on the porch."


"The sun is now in my eyes and all I have to look at is that dead Christmas tree ."

"Hey wait, where are you going?"


"Somebody, Anybody else...come on, let me go in THERE~~>"

"I thought you were my buddy, my pal, my friend. I depend on you for food and water and walks. I thought we had an agreement, You feed me and I will also LET you scratch my head and tummy. Now all I have left is to sit on the scruffy sled doormat and dream about my food dish and water bowl."

"I am so depressed"

Not too terribly long after this, a cleaner Bayley regained admittance into the house. My son Christopher, who took these pictures for me, and Bayley have since made up by playing fetch with Bayley's tinkle ball. All is right again with Bayley's world as he knows it.

5 comment(s):

This is THE cutest dog!! What kind is he? I'd let him in the house. . .

By Blogger MSM, at 12:43 AM, January 29, 2008  

Thanks! He is a cocker spaniel. He hates the hair dryer, so this is definately less tramatic for him to just be outside for a little while. Glad you found your way over to my part of the internet. Thanks for visiting!

By Blogger Muddy, at 5:25 PM, January 29, 2008  

Well, he's way way way cuter than my SIL's cocker spaniel. That's why I couldn't figure out 'what' he was.

Enjoy your blog; glad I found it too - you signed up for my bloggy giveaway and posted on mine - thanks!!
I'm new to all this, so I have very few entries and little to say; spend most my time reading others' . . .

We also homeschool and use Abeka, so, I'll be keeping up with your comings and goings! : ) : )

By Blogger MSM, at 11:27 AM, January 30, 2008  

I did sign up for your (and many other) bloggy giveaways. I had a blast going blog to blog (discovering many new ones I liked along the way) signing up for various giveaways.

I have kind of come and gone to how much I post. Im trying to really get back into it again after blogging really light this past year.

I saw on your blog you have teenagers you homeschool. How old are they? (mine are 17 and 15-Homeschooling 12th and 10th grades) Did you also homeschool your older daughter too? We use a combination of Abeka and Bob Jones right now.

By Blogger Muddy, at 4:45 PM, January 30, 2008  

What a cutie he is!Great photos!

By Blogger ADMIN, at 11:10 PM, January 31, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home