From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Last summer, I posted about how much I was enjoying playing casual games off Real Arcade. Today, I was reading an article online which was an interview with "Michael Schutzler, senior vice president, Games Division at RealNetworks, about everything related to casual games"... The article may be a couple of years old, but I still found it interesting as I am in their target group. I found the following quotes interesting:


Well, we've now begun digging into the question, of why women are buying
casual games in droves. Just to give you a taste of what we're finding out is
that one reason some of these 30+ women are playing is not so much an escape
from work but more an essential part of their sanity management.


Casual games are not about destroying the 725th alien. This is about strategy,
solutions, or clever puzzle manipulations or word games and things like that are
actually good for you.


Ahh, so it's the games that are maintaining my sanity....I can play to my heart's content now!

4 comment(s):

This one; ME too - one of my few posts was about wasting time playing LUXOR on the computer. .. .

I'm gonna quit feeling guilty so much!

By Blogger MSM, at 11:30 AM, January 30, 2008  

Me too! LOL

I really enjoy the hidden object games right now. Of those, the dream day series is a lot of fun (with some great classical music throughout). I also have enjoyed many of the three in a row kind of games, my favorite being burger rush.

By Blogger Muddy, at 4:41 PM, January 30, 2008  

I came back here after you entered my giveaway - thanks for entering!

I had to tell you, I love that you play video games! I should play with my kids more and you've inspired me. I'm going to jump on the Wii tomorrow!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 AM, February 01, 2008  

Nicki, thanks for visiting my blog and for offering your giveaway.

I love playing video games with the kids. I think our favorite one to play on the computer together is Big Kahuna Reef 2-chain reaction mainly because we can hook another mouse up(mouse party) and play at the same time trying to win the level (or compete against each other trying to get more points)

By Blogger Muddy, at 4:00 PM, February 01, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home