From The Mud Puddle

Sunday, March 30, 2008


A few weeks ago, Rachael of Always Wanted 4 showed pictures on her blog of one of the cakes they used to celebrate her daughter, Katya's birthday. Her mother in law wrote out the instructions for everyone there. I thought it would be fun to give it a try. I sort of planned on making this for Easter last week, but that didn't happen. I made it tonight. I probably didn't take quite as much time to arrange the chocolate chips on the sunflower cake as Rachael's mother in law did, but I dont think it turned out too terrible. Thanks Rachael for sharing the information on how to make it. Was fun to try it out.
My picture really doesn't do it justice. It really looks like a sunflower on Rachael's site...mine just kind of looks like a layer cake with a circle of peeps. LOL
Lets just say that the display of the food on the plate isnt my strong suit...Hey I'm not trying to impress anyone or be Paula Deen or anything..
Most importantly is that the cake tastes good...uh huh


Now traditionally, Bayley is the only one in this house that likes peeps. We stage him with them in various different ways for photos. Tonight as we were making the cake, he kept looking at us like we were crazy for putting HIS peeps on our cake. How dare we?
So we gave him a few of the ones we didn't use.

Yum! That was great-more?? More?? Are there more??

Bayley looks up at the cake, wondering where it all went so wrong
(that HIS peeps would end up on our cake, you know)

Ah well. What he doesn't know is that there is another package of them in the cabinet as well as three more of his bunnies left from last year-dried out to perfection the way he likes them.

5 comment(s):

Oh my word, you made me smile! That was priceless! Hysterical AND priceless.

By Blogger Diane Meyer, at 12:47 PM, March 31, 2008  

So glad it made you smile. Thanks for visiting my blog. Nice to meet you.

By Blogger Muddy, at 4:25 PM, March 31, 2008  

Hey, thanks for stopping by 2nd Cup and taking the time to comment. Your puppy dog is so, so sweet! Sweeter than peeps!

By Blogger 2nd Cup of Coffee, at 4:48 PM, March 31, 2008  

Glad you enjoyed the cake.

That post I did on that cake was CRAZY popular on google for weeks before Easter. Traffic has slowed down now a noticeable tad. hmmph.

By Blogger Rachael, at 11:21 PM, March 31, 2008  

Thanks Linda...I had been to your blog a few times before, but this was the first time leaving a comment.

Rachael,I love looking at my stats to see what comes about day after day. A few days ago a post about Arm and Hammer Air filters that I wrote in 1995 came up in someone's google search and it surprised me. I had not reread that post in a while.

By Blogger Muddy, at 11:47 PM, April 02, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home