From The Mud Puddle

Monday, March 31, 2008

Last week I posted some pictures sharing Easter's of the past. I got as far as my daughter's third Easter and then couldn't easily find the next picture I wanted to share in the series. I still haven't found it. Before Easter becomes too distant a memory, I figure I should go ahead and post pictures from this year. It was going to be my grand finale (and I suppose it still is), but I had big hopes of filling in the years between this post and the beginning post from last week. Anyway, I'll carry on the best I can without those other pictures for now, and will wrap up this series, for now, with the amazing pictures from Easter 2008.

I must justify these photos a bit. I have a 17 year old and a 15 year old. They have long stopped wearing bunny ears, hunting eggs and such (though my daughter does still hope for a chocolate bunny each year and I gladly oblige) With that information, it becomes our dog's humiliation duty to carry on the cute Easter traditions of our family, tailored to him, of course.

Bunny Ears from Target-$1.00
A very expressive dog-Priceless


"I cannot believe this is happening to me"

"I'm so embarrassed-I know she is going to post these pictures on the Internet!"


"I want down now..NOW" (please!)

"the things I put up with 'round here"

" I dont believe it, I'm stuck up here with bunny ears on my head, can this day get any worse?"

"Nobody knows, the trouble I'm in, nobody knows my sorrow...."

"Cheese"


"Hangn' with my "peeps". At least the little guys stood by me. (and then I ate them)"

Then on Easter Sunday we had a revamped Easter Egg Hunt. Instead of Easter Eggs though, we used dog biscuits...hidden in the grass...

Bayley, restrained by my son Christopher, waits in anticipation
of the "hunt". (he is a cocker spaniel after all-well known for their hunting skills...)
Bayley is so excited he can't stand it. He leaps, he can just taste the treat.
(notice tongue smacking his chops)


Beginning to wonder what is taking so long, Bayley also ponders why there is still a jingle bell on his collar left over from Christmas, which was
THREE MONTHS AGO.

Finally, the time is here-Bayley quickly finds the dog biscuits.

Unaccustomed to eating outside, in particular off the grass, Bayley is hesitant to eat the same dog biscuit that he lunges after when offered inside. He is a dog, a picky, discriminate dog who questioned our reasoning behind dog treats in the grass.
(it still troubles him to this day..a week later)
The sound of crunching fills the air as Bayley finally throws caution to the wind and enjoys his biscuits.
(even though they WERE on the ground)

With the hunt quickly over (there were only two biscuits you know), Bayley turns to head back inside for another nap. (never mind he just woke up only minutes before this moment...there is only so much excitement he can handle in a day, you know)

And while Bayley saw his dog biscuits in their usual colors of dirt brown, an egg dog biscuit hunt just wouldn't be the same without some color!
(thanks to the colorization filter of paint shop pro!)

3 comment(s):

That was the most totally enjoyable doggy blog I have read in forever.
Thank you!!

By Blogger Diane Meyer, at 7:45 PM, April 02, 2008  

This comment has been removed by the author.

By Blogger Muddy, at 11:44 PM, April 02, 2008  

Thanks, He is quite the character. Glory is God's always.

By Blogger Muddy, at 11:45 PM, April 02, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home