From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

As I mentioned in a post last week, we are in the minority by not having some sort of cable/direct TV service. I am OK with that. We may in time or may not. I'm not sold that this is in our family's best interest right now, especially with all that is online nowadays. With this, I know that in 2009 we will need one of those converter boxes in order to watch the TV we do watch. A few weeks ago, I went to The site that is handling the government coupons to offset the cost to the public in buying what we'll need and signed up to receive two coupons. The coupons arrived today and ours (given when we signed up) need to be used by the end of June of this year.


Now I'm not really sure of the reasoning behind the coupon cards expiring by then when many people are procrastinators (like me). I guess I will hope to find at least one by then that is inexpensive enough that my outlay of money is minimal. (from my understanding I might have to pay 10-15 dollars of my own cash money to acquire one of these things, at least) I'm not really worried about it, it's more just one more something that complicates the American Civilized lifestyle just another step more-well at least the two or three other Americans that are cable free with older TVs like me.

3 comment(s):

We didn't have cable until about a year ago. At first I didn't want it because of the stuff you could see on cable, then I decided I needed it because the stuff on network t.v. was worse!

Now we have History, Discover, old movies, etc. Not that we spend much time watching t.v., but it's nice to have more to choose from than some of the offensive stuff on the regular channels.

It's not cheap though; I'd say you're better off not having it at all!!

By Blogger MSM, at 2:57 PM, April 04, 2008  

So far we continue to resist, even though the cable guy promises to return.

Im wondering if my reception will pick up once we have the converter boxes any that we'll get with the coupons. Probably not-but since that is my main complaint (if any) of not having cable, it would be nice if it works that way.

By Blogger Muddy, at 10:46 PM, April 05, 2008  

Oh, yeah, truly, that was a huge deciding factor in us getting cable to begin with - because we had the rabbit ears with aluminum foil on top, etc. And if you got one channel 'good' then the others were fuzzy.
It was a pain.

By Blogger MSM, at 6:30 PM, April 06, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home