From The Mud Puddle

Saturday, April 05, 2008

My husband, daughter and I were at Wal-Mart today. I picked up a shirt as I was looking through the clothes and my husband said the first thing that came to his mind. He said it was ugly. I put it back and he said, "But if you like it, why dont you try it on." He knows that I dont generally like to shop for clothes. With his comment though, I looked at him and teased a reply, "I wouldnt buy that after you said you didnt like it because I want to look GOOD for my man". I grinned. The look he gave me was priceless. He then started back peddling saying it probably wasnt ugly and that I might look good in it. It was too late though. Unless I really believed in a certain shirt or piece of clothing there is NO way I am going to buy it if his first response is "it's ugly". Who is he kidding? ::smiles::

2 comment(s):

I don't know. My husband continues to be baffled by and insist he doesn't like capri pants. He thinks it looks strange. But I wear them anyway; they're the ultimate in spring comfort and I suppose if I let him choose all my clothes I'd be wearing mini skirts all the time! No thanks! :)

By Blogger Rachael, at 10:43 AM, April 06, 2008  

Well the comment was pretty tongue-in-cheek when I said it to him. As I said, if I really liked something, I would give it a try unless he just so turned off by the thing. For the most part he likes my style. And to be completely honest, that particular shirt I picked up wasnt my cup of tea so there was no real loss. I also know if I am going to do any "real" shopping, to do it without him. :D

By Blogger Muddy, at 2:11 PM, April 06, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home