From The Mud Puddle

Friday, April 04, 2008

MSM had a post late last week about her high score (489) playing virus buster on Brain Age 2 for Nintendo DS. I just saw her post from yesterday where she says that her high score is now 1060! (way to go!) I know getting that score wasnt easy and that you are going to continue to get higher and higher scores the more time you sink into playing. Believe me, I know how much of a time waster challenge it can be personally from my own experience...but it is in reality, sanity management , isnt it? ::grinz::

Well, earlier in the week, after posting a comment on her blog about all of this, I played again, getting a score of 1121. This by no means is my high score. That is 1225. My daughter still holds the #1 overall position on the game with 1293. Well, tonight I played again and I was sooo close to getting a new high score for myself and possibly beating my daughter, Hannah's score. I got a 1203.

Do you know how disappointing it was to get so close and not quite get enough points, failing once more to dethrone her? It was satisfying at least to take over the number 3 overall spot though as I now hold second place and third after her first place overall (which she has held for a long time, ever since the last time I overtook her overall first place score back when our high scores were only in the 700's and 1000's). After sitting here for two hours trying hard to concentrate so I didn't mess up and fail again, I came so close, yet did not quite make it-again.

So below is a photo of the end of my game score. I will keep trying and if I ever do get first again, I'll let you know. I know you will be sitting on the edge of your seats until then. Right?

By the way, the red glow in the picture is because I was trying to keep the flash from glaring on the game screen.

2 comment(s):

Well, Mud, my fam can thank you when they have no clean laundry or dishes......... it took me right at an hour and 1/2 to get my high score of 1060, so everybody is gonna have to LEAVE ME ALONE to play for a few hours so I can dethrone you. We need challenges in our life, right?

By Blogger MSM, at 2:43 PM, April 04, 2008  

That's what paper plates are for! LOL

Love the challenge. Let me know when you detrone me too. I'm sure it will happen soon!

By Blogger Muddy, at 10:35 PM, April 05, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home