From The Mud Puddle

Monday, December 13, 2010

The snow has melted-yet it is still pretty cold outside. I am glad that December actually feels like December should-even if it means a higher power bill next month to pay for heat that we didn't need most of October and November.

My daughter, Hannah, just finished her classes today; taking her last exam at 6 PM. She arrived home excited to be done and ready for a break. We just finished eating dinner and it seems like a nice calm has settled over our house for a few weeks.

I realized over the weekend that we were only two weeks away from Christmas. I know it will go fast; yet I want to savor the season. I want to enjoy each and every day between now and then and not miss a moment in being busy or hurried.

I am thankful that for the most part, I am done shopping for presents. Oh, I may see a few tiny things here and there; but am done with all the main things I had on my list. I am happy that the chore part of the holidays is done. It means that as I go out over the next few days and weeks I can just enjoy myself.

My husband and I will celebrate 24 years next Monday. In case I don't make it back beforehand or on that day, I love you Jay-Happy Anniversary sweetheart.

0 comment(s):

Post a comment

<< Home