From The Mud Puddle

Friday, March 21, 2008


Rise Again
By Dallas Holm

Go ahead, Drive the nails in my hands;
Laugh at me where you stand;
Go ahead, and say it isn't me;
The day will come when you will see!
'Cause I'll...

Chorus:
rise again; Ain't no pow'r on earth
Can tie me down; Yes, I'll rise again
Death can't keep me in the ground!

Go ahead, and mock my name;
My love for you is still the same;
Go ahead and bury me;
But very soon I will be free!
'Cause I'll...

Repeat Chorus...

Go ahead and say I'm dead and gone,
But you will see that you were wrong
Go ahead, try to hide the Son,
But all will see that I'm the One!
'Cause I'll...

Chorus:

Come again; Ain't no pow'r on earth
Can keep me back; Yes, I'll come again
Come to take my people back.

4 comment(s):

I don't think I've ever heard that song, but its a perfect choice for Good Friday.

By Blogger Tanya, at 11:40 AM, March 21, 2008  

The first time I heard it sung was by a guy that came to do a retreat for our youth group when I was in seventh grade.(1979/1980) I later learned that it was a song originally written and performed by Dallas Holm. I heard it yesterday while out running errands. I had not heard it in a long while.

By Blogger Muddy, at 4:16 PM, March 21, 2008  

Ruth and I actually heard Dallas Holm sing this in concert in Sioux Fall, SD back in our college days.

By Blogger Joel, at 11:15 AM, March 22, 2008  

Yeah Joel! Im not the only one that remembers that song LOL

By Blogger Muddy, at 1:47 PM, March 22, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home