From The Mud Puddle

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Disclaimer: Despite what MSM might end up thinking, this post is not to taunt her. It is an admission so to speak, to show how far off the proverbial diet/lifestyle change wagon I have fallen.

My husband's birthday is tomorrow (April 7th). A few years ago we learned that you can join the Birthday Club At Coldstone Creamery in order to receive a free coupon for ice cream around your birthday.

We all rejoiced in ice cream joy at the prospect. Cold Stone is not a place we go without some sort of coupon. It's definitely a special occasion type of place for us. The icing on the cake (or the

mix in as the case might be with cold stone) is that they recently opened a new Cold Stone at Alamance Crossing in Burlington, only 10 minutes from my house (as opposed to driving 30 into Greensboro).

Tonight was the night we cashed in on the birthday coupon my husband received. I also had saved some of the coupons from the newspaper for "sometime, maybe" that were buy two like it for $5. My husband got a "love it" signature birthday ice cream. My son got a waffle bowl with birthday cake ice cream and a brownie mixed in and my daughter mint ice cream with oreo cookie mixed in. I stayed with my same ole same ole of chocolate with reece cup mixed in.

We all came back outside into the light sprinkle. We sat in the car to enjoy our treats.

I usually leave Cold Stone with the same question: Why doesn't cold stone put more tables inside? That's what I want to know.

5 comment(s):

This is great, just great. I was gonna give in to popcorn for a snack, now I am definitely having a big bowl of Breyer's creamery-style chocolate. It's not Coldstone, but then again, it's not anybody's birthday around here.

And MAYBE you weren't trying to taunt me, but you COULD have left your camera at home and just posted your husband's baby picture in honor of the day. . .

By Blogger MSM, at 10:22 PM, April 06, 2008  

LOL!

I could have left my camera at home, but have been feeling guilty for not taking it with me when I go places the last-couple-of-days.

As for the baby picture, I had sort of tossed the idea of using that tomorrow :D

Enjoy your bowl of ice cream! Speaking of popcorn(knowing Im not helping things for either of us) have you ever tried Whole Food's 360 already-popped-popcorn? It's great. There isn't a Whole Foods terribly close to us. We have to go to Winston-Salem about an hour away if I want some, but it is great snack popcorn. Not buttery, not terribly salty (to me) and ORGANIC (like I care if my popcorn is organic-but I thought I should add that anyway)

By Blogger Muddy, at 10:33 PM, April 06, 2008  

Haven't tried that, but would like to. We have a Wild Oats store that is the same 'thing', but it's not convenient either.

We use organic plain popcorn in a bag, that we pop in the air popper. Then I add my little amount of melted butter, which gives the salt something to stick to. . . .
drives my son crazy that I 'mess up' good, wholesome popcorn that way. . . .

And, the ice cream was delicious. Thanks.....

By Blogger MSM, at 11:17 AM, April 07, 2008  

I just signed up. My birthday is tomorrow and I LOVE ice cream.

By Blogger Tanya, at 11:43 AM, April 07, 2008  

Happy Birthday Tanya! Hope you get your email coupon. It usually is good for a week or two thereafter.

MSM, glad your ice cream was good. ::uploads some whole foods organic 360 popcorn to you::

We use an air popper that is a part of our homeschool "cafeteria" (a story in itself)...from time to time. When I make it that way, I definitely pull out the butter for it.

By Blogger Muddy, at 9:11 PM, April 07, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home