From The Mud Puddle

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I had some leftover Reece cups from Easter

I also had some leftover cookie dough from Saturday night when we made cookie dough for the express purpose of having cookie dough. I know. It seems silly that we would have any left over cookie dough at this point, three days out, but we did. I know. It seems silly that same cookie dough was not turned into cookies, but it wasnt. Perhaps it was providential. The leftover cookie dough and the Reece cups were meant to be saved for this night...

I filled my mini muffin tins with some cookie dough. I only filled 16 slots as I only had enough Reece cups for sixteen of these things I was going to make. The rest of the leftover cookie dough went back into the fridge. I am sure my husband will devour it next time he is in there. You can also use pillsbury cookie dough too, rather than make your own. It works just as well.

The mini muffin tins went into the oven at 375 degree heat for nine minutes. Be careful, the oven is hot and it will burn you.

Nine minutes later, this is what you will find in your oven. Remove with a oven mitt or a pot holder. The mini muffin tin will be hot.



Unwrap each Reece cup in order to get the foil and the inner paper off of it. Press the Reece cup into the cookie while it is still in the mini muffin tin that is still HOT.
Let it cool for a bit in there. The chocolate will get all melty. You want that to happen.

Remove from mini muffin tin onto a plate and try one. You get both the wonderfulness that is known as a chocolate chip cookie surrounding a melted Reece cup.

I remember learning how to do this at one of the cookie exchanges from the time I participated in MOPS . I remember also making some that Christmas for my family but for whatever reason, never made them again even though they were very yummy. Neither of my kids remembered them. They both agreed that they are yummy.

Disclaimer: The above recipe has Reece cups that have peanuts in them. If you have a peanut allergy, you might want to avoid this recipe. Also, The above recipe has milk chocolate. If you have a milk or chocolate allergy, you have my sympathies. You also might want to avoid the above recipe. The above recipe also has lots of sugar in it. If you are allergic to sugar, I pity you. You too might need to avoid the above recipe. The above recipe has lots of other ingredients that are normally found in Reece cups and chocolate chip cookies. Please consult your doctor if you have any questions about whether you should consume this food or not. I am not responsible for the aftermath if you choose to consume the above recipe. Some consumers may feel a sugar rush after eating the above recipe. You might be advised that this is normal and a glass of milk (only if you are not allergic) might help cut the rich flavor that is cookies and Reece cups. This disclaimer also states that I am very sensitive to people with food allergies and this in no way makes light of such allergies. What it is is satire mocking all the long disclaimers that are becoming so common place among our daily lives.
Enjoy the cookies!

7 comment(s):

Oh! Cookie AND Reeses! My two favorite things...this sounds delish!!

By Blogger Sheriseology, at 12:53 AM, April 09, 2008  

yum yum. but sometimes i'm too lazy to bake. want to send some over?

By Blogger Tanya, at 11:45 AM, April 09, 2008  

Are these calorie-free?

Oh, no matter, I want some!

By Blogger MSM, at 6:14 PM, April 09, 2008  

:::uploads a batch of cookies with Reece Cups::: You can use your imagination to taste the goodness!

By Blogger Muddy, at 10:31 PM, April 09, 2008  

Thoughtful!

My imagination says they are addictive, my scale says they didn't cost me an ounce!!

By Blogger MSM, at 9:54 AM, April 10, 2008  

lol :D i looked at your stove and oven and i was like..."hey that looks like the stove/oven we have!". Then I realized you live on the east coast. :) they look delicious :O

By Blogger Jinny, at 7:03 PM, April 10, 2008  

Jinny, we must be twins-we have matching stoves! ::grinz::
Thanks for visiting my blog...I enjoyed visiting yours and seeing all the things you had made.

MSM, That's the good thing about internet cookie treats, they are fat/sugar and calorie free!

By Blogger Muddy, at 11:53 PM, April 10, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home