From The Mud Puddle

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Salad, it's what was for dinner last night...
So I'm back to trying to shape up my diet again, get back on the wagon, etc etc...
Instead of posting about Reece Cup Cookies , Trips to Cold Stone , or The Making of Fudge , I thought it might be best to post a picture of the pretty salad I made for dinner. At least this way you know I do eat more than sugar. Ha! Under the small amount of cheese, tomatoes and cucumbers is lettuce and some ham and turkey sandwich meat torn into small bites.
It was yummy!
Seriously!
I've had one of these for several days in a row. Call it my PB& J . I enjoy eating the same thing day in and day out not having to really make a choice about what I eat each day. I think it is probably why I really never minded hospital food the times that I've been in the hospital. You check a piece of paper early in the day and then you do not think about it again. Food appears.
Even going out to eat does not compare to eating the same lunch day after day. You still have to pick items off a menu, choose the restaurant etc.
I've gone through various stages, but the salad one is one that I do need to keep for a little while, but now that I've posted about it, will it loose it's appeal? Perhaps it will be a reminder to me that since I said it, I need to keep up with it and all-accountability you know.
Anyhow...here's to a good salad...and whatever else I find to add to my menu routine. Next week it may be something completely different!
Oh the suspense...

2 comment(s):

That salad looks super yummy! I get on salad 'kicks' as well, but I am often too lazy to make them (the way I like them), or I just forget and end up eating fishsticks. . . : )

By Blogger MSM, at 11:09 PM, July 01, 2008  

Oh I hear you on the effort of making a salad and the ease of fish sticks!

What do you like on your salad?

By Blogger Muddy, at 2:35 PM, July 02, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home