From The Mud Puddle

Thursday, September 25, 2008



This week for my contribution to TIMHT, I present this framed doily. My grandmother crocheted a bunch of these in the 1950's. My mother had several in her cedar chest that she was not using. She let me have a few to use in my own home. I came up with the idea to try to frame one. About that same time, I found this frame with the circle mat in a nearby Goodwill store. It had a piece of cross stitch in the frame, which I turned around backwards as I inserted this doily. It was the perfect fit for what I hoped to do in order to display my grandmother's handiwork in a different way (than to just use on a table top)

This hangs in my living room currently.


For more TIMHT be sure to visit MSM's blog!

7 comment(s):

These colors together are wonderful.

Framing the doily was a great idea - to better enjoy it and preserve it. Smart!

By Blogger MSM, at 1:07 AM, September 25, 2008  

What a creative way to display this special piece! It's beautiful!

By Blogger Marilyn - A Mixed Bouquet, at 2:15 AM, September 25, 2008  

What a great idea!!!

By Blogger Amy, a redeemed sheep, at 7:49 AM, September 25, 2008  

It's beautiful!!

By Blogger Carol, at 9:43 AM, September 25, 2008  

Cool keepsake!

By Blogger MSM, at 9:28 PM, September 25, 2008  

What an excellent idea - and a beautiful doily! That's something special. You're very creative to think of displaying it like that.

~Susan

By Blogger A happy heart at home, at 1:36 PM, September 26, 2008  

Thanks everyone!

By Blogger Muddy, at 7:06 PM, October 02, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home