From The Mud Puddle

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Well, with moments to go-I sweep into blogger to try to actually post my TIMHT post on THURSDAY this time. I know-will wonders ever cease?
For this week's submission I offer the neo to go-antibiotic neosporin in a handy little spray thingy:


As you can expect, I had some handy little coupons that I matched up to a nice little sale Walgreens was having a few weeks ago and got a few of these. I've had my eye on them for a while...yet just had not found a good match.
Once I brought it home, I found it fit quite nicely on my coppertone ring-another good deal found at Walmart a few weeks back as well...


A small antidote concerning Neosporin....
Growing up, as we came inside after playing outside, if we found bug bites on our skin (summer+outside+mosquitos=red bug bite welts in me), my mother would say, "go get the bug bite medicine". This medicine had a name-but we did not call it by that-we called it the "bug bite medicine".
Years past and I started working at a local drug store. Low and behold if the stuff we called "bug bite medicine" was really Neosporine. Ha! I had no idea. This was news to me.
Perhaps the fault is in the fact that often the label would rub off the tube back then or that no one in my family called it by it's real name. Regardless, I have never gone back to calling it bug bite medicine as I learned it could be used on so much more than those pesky welts compliments of some naughty bugs!
For more TIMHT -hop over to MSM's blog .

5 comment(s):

"Bug Bite medicine" - sounds like something our family would have said as well. I love that those fit on a ring. How handy!!

By Anonymous Susan, at 6:55 AM, June 26, 2009  

What a fun memory of your childhood!

By Blogger Amy, a redeemed sheep, at 12:23 PM, June 26, 2009  

Thanks! I also love how they can fit on a ring-so convenient!

By Blogger Muddy, at 12:42 AM, June 30, 2009  

Wow, I'm a slacker; I missed another TIMHT post.

I've wanted the to-go-neo but never coordinated my coupons with the sales..... I've gotta get better!

By Blogger MSM, at 12:42 AM, July 02, 2009  

Wal-Mart has a pretty good regular price MSM...not quite as good as I got...but good none the less (at least ours does-(Wal-Mart prices vary region to region-even town to town in the same county)

By Blogger Muddy, at 3:07 PM, July 02, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home