From The Mud Puddle

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Here it is ...um...1-2-3-4 days until Christmas and I just did get my cards out. I was kind of beginning to wonder if they would actually be Christmas cards or if I'd have to rename them New Years Greetings.

I had taken the kids to Northeast Park a few weeks ago to take advantage of the rare snow that was on the ground as a backdrop for a photo. I took many as I usually do and then sifted through them a couple of times before making a final selection.

I debated burning the image on CD so that I could just go to CVS or Walgreens for a print-but opted to just order online instead. How long would it take afterall?

Apparently, it takes it two weeks in the middle of December-something I was not prepared for.

I had the cards mostly ready; addressed before the photos came. All I had to do was to sign them, label the pictures and then seal the cards up and mail.

Now I sit-hoping the cards make it to their destination before Christmas Day. Most should, but a few stragglers that have further to go probably will not quite make it in time. At least the thought was there.

I also keep going back and forth if I am really done with my shopping or not. I know I have the bulk of my shopping finished, but there are still a few odds and ends I hope to pick up for stockings here and there. It plagues me to try my best that each of my kids get equal amounts of things (or at least money spent) in their gifts. My desire is to always be as fair as I can possibly be. They are old enough now that they really know how much I try and how sometimes it is not possible. They know my heart in it all-which eases the mommy guilt....but still-I just keep hoping and praying to always be fair if I have anything to do with it.

Decorations are more or less out. By now it is probably too late to consider adding anything to our house. I do have a couple of unused light sets that we could string along somewhere, but I dont know if it is really something we'll take the time for.

I am getting ready to watch some TV with the kids,something lighthearted and fun to enjoy as we count down the rest of these slow days before Christmas.

God Bless my friends

2 comment(s):

Nothing's done here, but I'm not stressing over it. I'm just going to enjoy the season.

Merry Christmas, Muddy!

By Blogger Livemalls, at 10:40 PM, December 21, 2010  

Merry Christmas to you too Steven!

By Blogger Muddy, at 4:14 PM, December 22, 2010  

Post a comment

<< Home