From The Mud Puddle

Monday, June 29, 2009

Today, as I was running errands, I went into a thrift store that is across town that I do not usually get to because it is just so far out of my usual path.
While there, I found this Ravensberger Puzzle Ball for $3 in their stack of puzzles. It looked like something we might enjoy doing, so I bought it.

My daughter and I opened it and found that the original owner had organized the pieces into ziploc baggies according to what part of the world they belonged to. Since I was unsure how easy doing this puzzle would be-we decided to take advantage of the organization rather than to start with a big pile of pieces.


We started from one of the poles and started building our way up to the middle. The puzzle is numbered on the back of each piece-likewise making it easy to put together (or check yourself if you want to do the puzzle by the picture. I think my daughter and I both decided that our main goal was to get it together-regardless of HOW. (at least for this first effort)

In this last picture, you can see the numbers inside as my daughter, Hannah, holds the puzzle ball up....We are about half way done right now. It is a lot easier than I thought it might be-but then again-there are lots of helps to make sure you get it right.

4 comment(s):

This puzzle sells for $30 - what a deal you got!

It looks interesting but I don't think I'd have Hannah's patience....

By Blogger MSM, at 12:41 AM, July 02, 2009  

Hannah and I are both putting the puzzle together-I just happened to be the one with the camera! Ha!

It's not as hard as it looks though.

By Blogger Muddy, at 3:06 PM, July 02, 2009  

Very cool ... I love Ravensberger stuff!

By Anonymous Susan, at 4:58 PM, July 02, 2009  

Susan, I do too! They make such nice quality puzzles.

By Blogger Muddy, at 8:05 PM, July 03, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home