From The Mud Puddle

Thursday, July 02, 2009

For this week, I wanted to share a bit of kid artwork. This was made by either Hannah or Christopher in 1991 at church. They each made one...I have this one and the other one was given to my mother. I think this one is Hannah's, but am unsure.
(they were in a group of three or four kids-so nothing has a name on it from that era where we were attending a Calvary Chapel home church.

This has been in the closet with some other kid art. It is made of art foam, gold stars and ribbon.
It felt approapriate to share in honor of our Country's 233'rd birthday (I think I got that right)


I am not crazy about the direction our country is going lately. What this country is today does not reflect where it started. I trust the leaders who are in place are there for a reason God knows, and so will trust God rather than men.


God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home....©Irvin Berlin


Likewise, I know from a heavenly perspective, America is not my home...


Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. Ephesians 2: 19 & 20

All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. Hebrews 11: 13

Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.
Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul. Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2: 10-12

Praise God

4 comment(s):

Praise God indeed. Love your post...and I agree so much. Heaven is our home! The little craft is sweet. I love the things my kids created. Have a blessed 4th!

Nancy

By Blogger Unknown, at 3:09 PM, July 02, 2009  

Those are sweet - nice memories! I'm with you 100% on being antsy re. our country's current direction. You're right that we just have to trust that God knows what He's doing ...

By Anonymous Susan, at 5:00 PM, July 02, 2009  

What a beautiful post.

I want to copy that craft for my Sunday School kids. It looks great - especially to be so "old".

By Blogger MSM, at 8:33 PM, July 02, 2009  

Thanks all!

By Blogger Muddy, at 8:05 PM, July 03, 2009  

Post a comment

<< Home