From The Mud Puddle

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Today I noticed a new show uploaded to discovery.com's shows. We've watched episodes of Meerkat Manor, Dirty Jobs, Flip That House and a few others this way. The new show we watched today is a reality show revolving around dog grooming. It is called Groomer Has It . Given that I am a mild fan of tastefully done reality shows and that I love dogs and that we have had all sorts of adventures with grooming our own dog in the past, this show appealed to us.

In the first show, we watch the contestants try to identify breeds of dogs with a blindfold on. Next they try their hand at grooming a yarn dog. The person that wins the challenge will get an upper hand at the next challenge. The person that comes in last place has to "leave the doghouse immediately". They are all playing to win $50,000 and a dog grooming van.

It was entertaining, especially watching as Jasper chopped the leg off his yarn dog. I was surprised that they didn't send him home this time. I would think that chopping the leg off a dog would be a great big no no in dog grooming, yes?

I am not surprised to see that many of the groomers colored their yarn dog's fur. No, not surprised, but coloring dog fur is not my thing, especially if the dog fur is colored to pink, blue or green.

They showed a preview of what is to come in the future shows and it looks like it will be interesting to follow.

1 comment(s):

I didn't know discovery channel had things online. That show sounds fun.

By Blogger Tanya, at 10:44 PM, April 22, 2008  

Post a comment

<< Home